PRESENT: Revd. G. Boucher. Revd. C. Owen. Colin Jones. Carol King. Derek Colbert. Paul Fearon. Pam Clark. Helen Dowzall. Elaine Levitt. Sue Craven. Pam Fearon. Apologies for absence were received from: Amanda Smith. Peter King. Mary Adlam. The meeting opened with Geoff leading us in prayer. 1. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on the 7th September,2021 were approved by the PCC and signed by Geoff. 2. Matters Arising: There were no matters arising. 3. Correspondence: No items of correspondence have been received. 4. Safeguarding/ Data Protection: There was nothing to report on Safeguarding. Geoff had still to contact Pat Hawkins regarding the role of Data Protection Officer. Action: Geoff Boucher. 5. Away Day: Geoff referred to the papers that had been circulated regarding the Away Day we had on 16th October. We worked from the Parish Plan Framework. There are 6 categories with items under them that were discussed at the Away Day. Geoff asked the PCC to put three of the categories in to order of importance. These are as follows, 1. Communication. 2. Pastoral Care. 3. Social Activity. Under these headings there are many individual subjects that were listed. It was decided that we would ask PCC members and as many as willing, members of our congregation to take part in attending any of these group meetings which would be arranged. We will arrange to have individual sheets at the back of the church for each of the categories and the items that come under their heading. Geoff would speak in church of what we were seeking to do, taking our church forward, involving many people. It was hoped the group meetings would take place between PCC Meetings. Some decisions were made, the PCC Minutes once approved for circulation by Geoff would be displayed on our Church website. A paper copy would be made available in church, possibly on one of the notice boards for people who do not have access to a computer. The PCC had the very generous offer from Colin Jones, saying that he and Janet were more than happy to provide tea and coffee every Sunday morning after the service. Should they be on holiday etc, perhaps someone could stand in for them for that Sunday. Coffee/Tea would be available from 21st November. The Prayer Corner should be brought back in use again. This is a very special area where private prayer and reflection of thoughts can be made. 6. Churchwardens Report: Sue Craven reported to the meeting that her report has been circulated and there was nothing further to add. Geoff at this point spoke of the Huntingdon Male Voice Choir giving a concert in our church, possibly in May. Clifford would contact the choir secretary to see if 21st May was available. The alternative date of 18th June was suggested. We will wait to hear from Clifford. Action: Clifford Owen. The Electoral Roll Officer reported to the meeting that she had received one request from Tony Humes to join the electoral roll of All Saints Church, Hartford. This was unanimously approved by the PCC Committee. 7. Churchwarden Situation: Janet Boston is moving from Hartford and sadly will not be attending Hartford Church. Janet is moving nearer her family, and we all wish her every happiness in her new home. Sue thanked Janet for the support and help she had given during her time as Churchwarden. 8. Treasurers Report: This had been circulated. Paul Fearon reported that to the 31stOctober Income was £52,353, Expenditure £48,672 and the Surplus for the period was £3,681. Our total Bank Funds were £57,935 with Available Funds of £34,298. The Forecast Deficit for 2021 is £911. It was noted that the Forecast included the £1,000 deposit for the Oak Audio Unit as well as the costs for the new Lectern Microphone and replacement Lantern Seat. Paul reported that the number using the Parish Giving Scheme had increased to 28 which was the highest number since the adoption of PGS. It was noted that the forecast deficit for 2021 is £911 which given the ongoing challenges we have faced from the pandemic will be a remarkable outcome. Our goal was to have a balanced outcome for the year and a very sincere ‘thank you’ was expressed to everyone who has worked so hard to reduce the budgeted deficit of £6,235. It was agreed by the PCC that due to the increase in energy costs that the Discretionary Fee for Heating would be increased to £18. There were no questions for Paul. 9. Approval of Budget for 2022.: This had been circulated. Paul explained that we were budgeting for a deficit of £2,265. He highlighted the effect of the pandemic on the Direct and Indirect Giving from 2019 to 2022 where are Direct Giving had held up benefiting from PGS but the Indirect Giving including Fundraising, Church Room Letting and PCC Parochial Fees had been significantly affected. The proposal in the budget to increase the hourly letting rate for the second and successive hours from the 1stJanuary 2022 to £10 was agreed. The Grazing Land will be marketed for sale in the Spring and no letting income will be received as the tenancy agreement will not be renewed in March. The proceeds from the sale will be net after setting off the costs for legal, land agents commission and sundry costs. No rent, sale proceeds or costs arising from the sale of the Grazing Land has been included in the 2022 Budget. A member of the PCC asked what Contra Entries were. Paul explained that these are monies which are paid to the PCC and are held by the PCC until they are paid out and for example include Organists Fee, Choir Fees, Diocesan Parochial Fees. There were no other questions. Elaine Levitt proposed the approval of the Budget, seconded by Sue Craven. The PCC voted and unanimously approved the Budget. 10. Mission and Charitable Giving: Paul Fearon presented a proposal for this. It was agreed that £3,570 would be donated to the organisations we support. Action: Paul Fearon 11. Church Rota/Weekly Sheet: Sue Craven and Pam Clark will be taking over the preparation and distribution of the Rota from the beginning of January. Elaine Levitt continues to prepare and print our Weekly Sheet. This can only be printed on a Friday afternoon or Saturday when the church room is not in use. Elaine did ask if there was anyone who would be willing to learn how to use the printer. Action: Sue Craven and Pam Clark 12. Christmas Services and Christmas Tree for Churchyard. The Carol Service this year would be held on 19th December at 4p.m and there would be a service of communion B.C.P. at 11.00a.m. . The Nativity Service would take place on Friday 24th December at 4p.m. with Midnight Communion at 11.30p.m. Christmas Day a Communion Service at 11.00am. Sunday 26th December (Boxing Day) the morning service would be by zoom. Posters would be made giving details of the services and suggesting the wearing of masks for the Carol Service as this is expected to be well attended. Should it be necessary we will use the church room for the overflow. The church will be decorated with floral arrangements on Friday 18th December. Geoff and Colin will purchase the Christmas Tree from Dyers at Warboys which will be decorated with Christmas lights. Action: Geoff Boucher and Colin Jones. 13. Diocesan Report. Elaine had circulated her notes from the Deanery Synod meeting recently held. Elaine said that the notes that Paul had prepared from the webinar ‘Looking Forward Financially’ were very clear and it was agreed that Paul should circulate them to the PCC. 14. Website: The PCC felt should there be any need for Haleema to have clarification on an item submitted for the website, Haleema could contact Elaine Levitt or Paul Fearon. These two people were only there to support if Haleema wished to seek clarification on any item. Action: Geoff Boucher. 15. Repair of seat in churchyard. Two quotes have been received and circulated to the PCC. Both quotes were in the same region of each other, the difference being the addition of V.A.T. to one of the quotes. The quote from J & D Ward, in the sum of £1,600 was accepted by the PCC and the order for the seat would be placed. Action: Paul Fearon and Colin Jones. 16. Grazing Land: Paul gave a brief update on the plans for the sale of the Grazing Land. This was proceeding and Brown & Co will market the land in March 2022. The appointment of Revd. Geoff Boucher, Sue Craven and Paul Fearon to act for the PCC in the sale of the Grazing Land was proposed by Elaine Levitt and seconded by Helen Dowzall and unanimously approved by the PCC. 17. Newsletter: Paul reported that the number of people who had signed up for the Newsletter by email has now reached 82. This gives us a tremendous data base from which we can work informing all the recipients, of the newsletter and of the events taking place at our church. 18. Update of P.A. System. A new microphone for the lectern has been ordered from AVxpert. This is of high quality and those who have been at services in the last two weeks have been able to appreciate this from the use of the loan microphone until our order arrives. This is expected to be in two/three weeks. The cost of the microphone, stand and cabling is £435. Action: Paul Fearon. The meeting closed at 9.25p.m. with the PCC Committee saying the Grace. If you have any questions or need clarification on these minutes please contact the PCC Secretary at fearon.pam@btinternet.com. Any thoughts or suggestions you have are so welcome.
All Saints’ Church, Hartford MINUTES
Download Minutes Download Minutes
OF THE PCC MEETING HELD ON 15TH NOVEMBER, 2021 IN THE CHURCH ROOM AT 7 P.M.
All Saints’ Church, Hartford MINUTES
OF THE PCC MEETING HELD ON 15TH NOVEMBER, 2021 IN THE CHURCH ROOM AT 7 P.M.
PRESENT: Revd. G. Boucher. Revd. C. Owen. Colin Jones. Carol King. Derek Colbert. Paul Fearon. Pam Clark. Helen Dowzall. Elaine Levitt. Sue Craven. Pam Fearon. Apologies for absence were received from: Amanda Smith. Peter King. Mary Adlam. The meeting opened with Geoff leading us in prayer. 1. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on the 7th September,2021 were approved by the PCC and signed by Geoff. 2. Matters Arising: There were no matters arising. 3. Correspondence: No items of correspondence have been received. 4. Safeguarding/ Data Protection: There was nothing to report on Safeguarding. Geoff had still to contact Pat Hawkins regarding the role of Data Protection Officer. Action: Geoff Boucher. 5. Away Day: Geoff referred to the papers that had been circulated regarding the Away Day we had on 16th October. We worked from the Parish Plan Framework. There are 6 categories with items under them that were discussed at the Away Day. Geoff asked the PCC to put three of the categories in to order of importance. These are as follows, 1. Communication. 2. Pastoral Care. 3. Social Activity. Under these headings there are many individual subjects that were listed. It was decided that we would ask PCC members and as many as willing, members of our congregation to take part in attending any of these group meetings which would be arranged. We will arrange to have individual sheets at the back of the church for each of the categories and the items that come under their heading. Geoff would speak in church of what we were seeking to do, taking our church forward, involving many people. It was hoped the group meetings would take place between PCC Meetings. Some decisions were made, the PCC Minutes once approved for circulation by Geoff would be displayed on our Church website. A paper copy would be made available in church, possibly on one of the notice boards for people who do not have access to a computer. The PCC had the very generous offer from Colin Jones, saying that he and Janet were more than happy to provide tea and coffee every Sunday morning after the service. Should they be on holiday etc, perhaps someone could stand in for them for that Sunday. Coffee/Tea would be available from 21st November. The Prayer Corner should be brought back in use again. This is a very special area where private prayer and reflection of thoughts can be made. 6. Churchwardens Report: Sue Craven reported to the meeting that her report has been circulated and there was nothing further to add. Geoff at this point spoke of the Huntingdon Male Voice Choir giving a concert in our church, possibly in May. Clifford would contact the choir secretary to see if 21st May was available. The alternative date of 18th June was suggested. We will wait to hear from Clifford. Action: Clifford Owen. The Electoral Roll Officer reported to the meeting that she had received one request from Tony Humes to join the electoral roll of All Saints Church, Hartford. This was unanimously approved by the PCC Committee. 7. Churchwarden Situation: Janet Boston is moving from Hartford and sadly will not be attending Hartford Church. Janet is moving nearer her family, and we all wish her every happiness in her new home. Sue thanked Janet for the support and help she had given during her time as Churchwarden. 8. Treasurers Report: This had been circulated. Paul Fearon reported that to the 31stOctober Income was £52,353, Expenditure £48,672 and the Surplus for the period was £3,681. Our total Bank Funds were £57,935 with Available Funds of £34,298. The Forecast Deficit for 2021 is £911. It was noted that the Forecast included the £1,000 deposit for the Oak Audio Unit as well as the costs for the new Lectern Microphone and replacement Lantern Seat. Paul reported that the number using the Parish Giving Scheme had increased to 28 which was the highest number since the adoption of PGS. It was noted that the forecast deficit for 2021 is £911 which given the ongoing challenges we have faced from the pandemic will be a remarkable outcome. Our goal was to have a balanced outcome for the year and a very sincere ‘thank you’ was expressed to everyone who has worked so hard to reduce the budgeted deficit of £6,235. It was agreed by the PCC that due to the increase in energy costs that the Discretionary Fee for Heating would be increased to £18. There were no questions for Paul. 9. Approval of Budget for 2022.: This had been circulated. Paul explained that we were budgeting for a deficit of £2,265. He highlighted the effect of the pandemic on the Direct and Indirect Giving from 2019 to 2022 where are Direct Giving had held up benefiting from PGS but the Indirect Giving including Fundraising, Church Room Letting and PCC Parochial Fees had been significantly affected. The proposal in the budget to increase the hourly letting rate for the second and successive hours from the 1stJanuary 2022 to £10 was agreed. The Grazing Land will be marketed for sale in the Spring and no letting income will be received as the tenancy agreement will not be renewed in March. The proceeds from the sale will be net after setting off the costs for legal, land agents commission and sundry costs. No rent, sale proceeds or costs arising from the sale of the Grazing Land has been included in the 2022 Budget. A member of the PCC asked what Contra Entries were. Paul explained that these are monies which are paid to the PCC and are held by the PCC until they are paid out and for example include Organists Fee, Choir Fees, Diocesan Parochial Fees. There were no other questions. Elaine Levitt proposed the approval of the Budget, seconded by Sue Craven. The PCC voted and unanimously approved the Budget. 10. Mission and Charitable Giving: Paul Fearon presented a proposal for this. It was agreed that £3,570 would be donated to the organisations we support. Action: Paul Fearon 11. Church Rota/Weekly Sheet: Sue Craven and Pam Clark will be taking over the preparation and distribution of the Rota from the beginning of January. Elaine Levitt continues to prepare and print our Weekly Sheet. This can only be printed on a Friday afternoon or Saturday when the church room is not in use. Elaine did ask if there was anyone who would be willing to learn how to use the printer. Action: Sue Craven and Pam Clark 12. Christmas Services and Christmas Tree for Churchyard. The Carol Service this year would be held on 19th December at 4p.m and there would be a service of communion B.C.P. at 11.00a.m. . The Nativity Service would take place on Friday 24th December at 4p.m. with Midnight Communion at 11.30p.m. Christmas Day a Communion Service at 11.00am. Sunday 26th December (Boxing Day) the morning service would be by zoom. Posters would be made giving details of the services and suggesting the wearing of masks for the Carol Service as this is expected to be well attended. Should it be necessary we will use the church room for the overflow. The church will be decorated with floral arrangements on Friday 18th December. Geoff and Colin will purchase the Christmas Tree from Dyers at Warboys which will be decorated with Christmas lights. Action: Geoff Boucher and Colin Jones. 13. Diocesan Report. Elaine had circulated her notes from the Deanery Synod meeting recently held. Elaine said that the notes that Paul had prepared from the webinar ‘Looking Forward Financially’ were very clear and it was agreed that Paul should circulate them to the PCC. 14. Website: The PCC felt should there be any need for Haleema to have clarification on an item submitted for the website, Haleema could contact Elaine Levitt or Paul Fearon. These two people were only there to support if Haleema wished to seek clarification on any item. Action: Geoff Boucher. 15. Repair of seat in churchyard. Two quotes have been received and circulated to the PCC. Both quotes were in the same region of each other, the difference being the addition of V.A.T. to one of the quotes. The quote from J & D Ward, in the sum of £1,600 was accepted by the PCC and the order for the seat would be placed. Action: Paul Fearon and Colin Jones. 16. Grazing Land: Paul gave a brief update on the plans for the sale of the Grazing Land. This was proceeding and Brown & Co will market the land in March 2022. The appointment of Revd. Geoff Boucher, Sue Craven and Paul Fearon to act for the PCC in the sale of the Grazing Land was proposed by Elaine Levitt and seconded by Helen Dowzall and unanimously approved by the PCC. 17. Newsletter: Paul reported that the number of people who had signed up for the Newsletter by email has now reached 82. This gives us a tremendous data base from which we can work informing all the recipients, of the newsletter and of the events taking place at our church. 18. Update of P.A. System. A new microphone for the lectern has been ordered from AVxpert. This is of high quality and those who have been at services in the last two weeks have been able to appreciate this from the use of the loan microphone until our order arrives. This is expected to be in two/three weeks. The cost of the microphone, stand and cabling is £435. Action: Paul Fearon. The meeting closed at 9.25p.m. with the PCC Committee saying the Grace. If you have any questions or need clarification on these minutes please contact the PCC Secretary at fearon.pam@btinternet.com. Any thoughts or suggestions you have are so welcome.
Download Minutes Download Minutes